A possible show stopper

Last weekend I, with a couple of friends from the boat club, attended a Jester Symposium at the Royal Harwich Yacht Club. A fabulous location over looking the Orwell.

One of the presenters showed a quote about the Jester Challenge.

"Finding the weaknesses of boat and skipper"

With this and other comments about structural issues I decided to carry out a more critical inspection of Mischief.

The deck around the mast has a distinct dip in it and the rig has lost tension.

At this point I am fearing the worst which is that the support under the mast step has rotted and compressed. The mast needs to come down and the deck beam removed so that I can excavate the deckhead under the mast. Depending upon what I find I think I'll install oak or teak packing and the re-build. I'll add a new page for this project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is it all about?

JBC 2019 Cruise Report