Another race weekend and minor progress on the steering

Racing, not successful :-(. I came last in two race only avoided last place in the other race because another boat missed a mark. On the up side, I think I would have been more competitive with the engine stowed and the cockpit plug in. Also, I managed two spinnaker runs. The first was very successful, the second had mixed results. I managed to trap the spinnaker sheet in the genoa furling when I furled the jib, this resulted in a lot of drifting around but nothing major. During the run I kept up with a faster boat, the one that I collided with! The collision was was a combination of my inexperience and the other boat's fault. Anyway, new nav light and bow roller repair have been added to the job list. Mischief doesn't do well in light airs with the engine in the cockpit BUT in light airs I need the engine available in case a ship comes along.

Steering system, while the wind wasn't suitable for making progress being light airs and variable direction I did get the vane set up and I am hoping to finish the set up on my way to Ramsgate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is it all about?

JBC 2019 Cruise Report